Thursday, February 7, 2008

Intro #1

There it is when you drive to Millinocket, straight ahead in all its glory. It is big and majestic and it makes most people stop and take pictures. I am talking about Mt. Katahdin, Maine’s highest peak and the end of the Appalachian Trail (or start depending which way you go). I just love driving into town and seeing the Mountain, it kind of takes my breath away. It was 2 ½ years ago that I decided to climb it for the first time. I was nervous because I had never done anything like that before and I was also a little scared about whether or not I could do it. Well I did it and there were several things I learned about myself on that first climb up Katahdin.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

This is leading to a division essay--an essay where you take something and break it into its parts. Here you're about to take what your learned and detail the three (I hope three) things you learned.

Well, if that's the way it goes, so be it.

In a cause essay you're giving three reasons for something. Three reasons you will never climb K again? Three reasons you've become addicted to climbing K? The material might be very similar to the division essay, but it's set up slightly differently.