Thursday, February 7, 2008

Graf #8

I read the "Falling in Love" essay. I guess it caught my eye, being that it is almost Valentine's day and I am a sucker for love (who isn't). I thought the essay was well written and hit on all three points of why people fall out of love. Although I think it could have been more appropriately described as "three ways to destroy a relationship."

I was actually feeling her pain until she got to the selflishness part and then all my motherly instincts took over and I thought how could someone compete with a 6 year old, what is wrong with them, but then I realize that is something that comes with maturity and being a parent.

Overall I thought it was a good essay and I hope she finds love and learns from her mistakes.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Actually, I know her follow-up story (I'm not gossipping--it was in the newspapers several years ago) and she did find and she did learn, but...her new husband didn't. And they lived unhappily ever after! It's still a good essay though.