Sunday, April 13, 2008

Division Essay - Rewrite

I have been a lifetime member with Weight Watchers since 1987 and even though my weight has fluctuated over the years I have never forgotten the basic fundamentals of how the program works. When I think about what it takes for me to stay on track, there are three factors that make the program work for me.

Food, food, food. That is the first thing anyone thinks about when they go on a so-called “Diet.” I like to tell people that for me Weight Watchers isn’t a diet, it is a way of life. Weight Watchers offers two food plans, the Flex and the Core. While both plans are good, I personally prefer the Flex Plan because it allows you to eat anything you want and there are days that I still want pizza and ice cream.

Exercise, exercise, exercise. That is the second thing people want to know about when you are losing weight. How much exericise you do? What kind of exercise you do? This part wasn’t always easy for me, but believe it or not, I actually enjoy exercise now. The best part about exercising when on Weight Watchers is the more you do and the higher the intensity level, the more points you earn. Which in turn means the more food or beer you can have. For me, when Saturday and Sunday come around, I know that I am working out for at least an hour. A one hours workout for me at a high intensity earns me 6 points, which in turn means 3 lite beers.

Support, support, support. I think to be successful at anything whether it be dieting or getting through a tough time in life, you need to have the support of friends, family, etc. I love attending the weekly meetings at Weight Watchers. I have made some great friends! They have been there to congratulate me after a successful week and to help keep me on track after a difficult week. We exchange ideas, recipes and how we are feeling on the so-called Weight Loss Journey.

I went back to Weight Watchers in February of 2007 because I was 7 pounds over my lifetime goal weight. For me personally, I still enjoy my pizza, ice cream and my lite beer. I just make sure it fits in my plan for the day. I also have become interested in running and attend weekly meetings 2-3 times per month. Since going back to Weight Watchers, I have lost 20 pounds and been successfully maintaining my weight for over a year. I also was instrumental in starting a Weight Watchers at Work Program at my place of employment last June, which is still currently running. There is nothing I like more than going to the weekly meetings, seeing people succeed and helping them on their own weight loss journey with information I have learned by being successful on the program.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Okey-doke--always push to include that all-important TC factor!