Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Graf #10

When I first thought about my research history, I thought I don’t have any experience with research because I have never had to write a research paper. But then I realized that I have a lot of experience with research. I remember that when I found out I was pregnant, I bought books and read everything I could read on pregnancies. I wanted to know how I should be feeling, what I should be feeling, and everything that was going on with my body. Then when I had my son, I bought books on what to expect. There was one for infants, one for toddlers, and so on. I researched. I wanted to know what he should be doing, how much he should be eating and sleeping and when he got sick, I had to know what I should do. So up to this point in my life, I have researched a lot of things…buying a car, changing careers, buying a home, making investments, etc. All of my research has come from the internet, books or magazines. Most recently, I have been doing some online searching on what causes a low white blood cell count, as this is something my son has. So I guess this “Graf” has taught me that research isn’t just about writing a paper, it is about finding information on something that interests you.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Yes, you have it--teachers and librarians like to pretend you can't do research without their professional help! You already are a star researcher!