Saturday, March 1, 2008

Revised Intro

There it is when you drive to Millinocket, straight ahead in all its glory. It is big and majestic and it makes most people stop and take pictures. I am talking about Mt. Katahdin, Maine’s highest peak and the end of the Appalachian Trail (or start depending which way you go). I just love driving into town and seeing the Mountain, it takes my breath away. It was August of 2005 that I had my first climb up that beautiful mountain and I experienced several things that day… physical exhaustion to the point that it hurt just to get out of bed or to go down a flight of stairs without wincing; being so in-tune with nature and the company that I was with, I didn’t want it to end; and an enormous amount of pride in accomplishing something I didn’t think I could do. It is because of these things that I have become addicted to climbing Mt. Katahdin.

No comments: