Thursday, January 17, 2008

Graf #1

My Hands
My hands don't look like they used to. When I first look at my hands, all I see is age. There are wrinkles around my knuckles, the veins and bones are more prominent than they used to be, and there are the beginning signs of age spots. I guess this is all part of getting older, and it makes me kind of sad until I think about all the things my hands have done. They have been a nurse when my son was hurt and needed care, they have wrapped presents for Santa, they have picked up teeth for the tooth fairy, they have hid eggs for the Easter Bunny, and they have helped guide my son to be the wonderful teenager that he is. So when I take a second look at my hands, I am glad they are aging.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

"They have been a nurse when my son was hurt and needed care, they have wrapped presents for Santa, they have picked up teeth for the tooth fairy, they have hid eggs for the Easter Bunny, and they have helped guide my son to be the wonderful teenager that he is."

Nice list--it serves to tell us a lot about the writer, which is what the assignment is meant to do--an intro of you to me.