Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Graf #4

I am a young 39 year-old mother of a 13 year-old son named Christopher. I am divorced and I have a wonderful boyfriend (seems kind of weird saying boyfriend at my age) named Tony. I have one cat named Pretty. I was born in Pasadena, California but have lived in Maine since I was six months old. Because of the fact that I wasn’t born here, my son and boyfriend insist that I am not a true Mainer. I completely disagree. I am a lifetime member with Weight Watchers – I lost over 50 pounds and have maintained my weight for over a year. I love LOUD rock music – all those classic rock and hair bands from the 80s… get me alone in my Jeep and my music is cranked. I love to travel – I have been to Scotland, Ireland, three cruises, and several places in the United States. My favorite place to go is somewhere warm and sunny or to a football stadium to see the Pats play. I am a huge New England Patriots fan and I love football. Sunday is my day to sit back and watch football and have a few beers (Miller Lite is my favorite). I love to shop and hang out with my girlfriends. I am extremely positive and will always try and find the bright side to things. One of my little quirks is that I get very excited, about what some may think are the littlest or silliest of things, like a new flavor of coffee, a new coffeemaker (by the way I LOVE my new coffeemaker…it is awesome), a new snack, or even a new ice cream, and when I get excited, I want to share my excitement over these little things with my friends and family - IMMEDIATELY.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Hey, my son was born in Bangor, but since both his parents were born out of state, he's no Mainer either!

Good piece--all those details are quirky, individual, and add up by the end to only one unique individual in the whole universe, and that would be you.