Monday, January 28, 2008

Graf #5

An object that is important to me…that is a tough one. I have several people that are important to me (my son, my boyfriend, my mom, etc.), but objects, now that is tough. The one thing that I really love right now is my new coffeemaker. I’m not sure that I would normally classify it as important to me, but then I think about how I would feel if it broke and there was no coffee first thing in the morning…I’m sure I would think it was damn important then. First let me tell you that I am almost 40 and I never even had a cup of coffee until I was 33. So a lot of people find my coffee addiction a little weird. Now back to my wonderful coffeemaker. My boyfriend bought it for me in October, because he knew how badly I wanted one. It is a Keurig coffeemaker and it brews one cup of coffee at a time – the perfect cup of coffee every time! It takes “K-Cups.” K-cups are these little cup things (kind of looks like a dixie cup) and has coffee and a filter inside it. The maker has a water reservoir on the side (so it is always ready to go) and will make 3 different sizes of coffee, tea, cocoa (depending what K-Cup you put in). It is really simple to use, you open the top, put a K-Cup in and close the lid. The maker punches a hole in the top and bottom of the K-Cup. You press a button for which size and your coffee drips right into your cup. The best part is you can get coffee in every flavor imaginable: French Vanilla, Gingerbread, French Toast, Mocha Nut Fudge, German Chocolate Cake, Regular, Teas, etc. So my biggest decision in the morning is “Which flavor today?” I just love my coffeemaker and would be devastated if it broke, so I guess it is important!

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

You are very strong up the middle with your description (I'm drinking fresh ground french roast made in a plunger as I write). Think about that opening though--you dart around in several directions before you find the right one.