Monday, March 10, 2008

I-Search Why

The reasons why I am writing about this topic are simple. I know that by learning how to prepare for a race and complete in races, that I will be healthier and more physically fit. I also feel that it is important to set goals and do your best to accomplish them and this is a goal I feel I can achieve. I also want to be able to give others advice on how to prepare for a race so they will be able to achieve their goals as well.

The questions I need to answer in order to achieve this goal are:

What are the steps in preparing for a 10k race?

Is there a recommended training process?
How long is the training process?
Should I run a 5k first?
Do I need to have a special diet before/after a race?

Is there special equipment/gear that I should have?
Do I need a certain kind of sneaker?
Should I wear special clothes?
Do I need to be able to carry my own water? If so, what kind of container
should I have?

The actual race…
What are some of the more popular races in this area?
How do you register?
Is there a fee?
Do I need to raise money or can I just give a donation?

It is my hope that by writing this I-Search and answering these questions, I will be able to achieve my goal of competing in a 10k race.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

This is well-organized and does exactly what's needed for this section.