Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Process Essay

Football, who doesn’t love it? September through December my favorite pastime is watching the New England Patriots play. Their games are one big event for me and I think about it and plan for it all week long. The questions are always the same…The questions that come to mind every week are: Where am I going to watch the game; What will we have for snacks and drinks; and lastly, what outfit am I going to wear? It’s the answers that are sometimes different depending on when the game is and how big of a game it is?

The first question is basically the first step in my planning process, Where am I going to watch the game? If it is a regular game and it is on during the day on Sunday, I will usually watch the game at my mother’s on her 56” T.V. If the game is on in the evening, then I will most likely watch it at home because almost always I have to work the next day. If the game is a “big game” (i.e. playoff, division rivalry), I want to watch it with a bunch of people and get caught up in the excitement. For me my favorite place to do this is the Ground Round. So whether I will be at my mom’s, home or the Ground Round, football will be on and I will be watching it.

The second question is the second step in my planning process, What will we have for snacks and drinks? If we are going to watch the game at my mom’s, it will usually be sandwiches and salads with chips and dip. This works really well, because no one has to be doing the cooking and you can eat whenever you are hungry. For drinks it is usually beer unless one of my relatives is whipping up some fancy concoction. If I am home, it will usually be popcorn and beer. I need to keep it simple, because I will be the one doing it all. If the choice is the Ground Round, it will always be appetizers. During Patriots games they have half price appetizers, so we usually consume our fair share of Buffalo Wings (cooked crispy and hot). The drink of choice for me will always be a tall Miller Lite. So where ever I am watching the game, the food and drinks will always be good and I half to exercise extra hard during the week to work it all off.

The third question is the last in final step in my planning process, What am I going to wear? Being the Patriot fanatic that I am, I have shirts in every color…pink, blue, white, and red. I have long-sleeved, three-quarter sleeved, short-sleeved and tank tops. I also have several jerseys, my favorite being my red, throwback Tedy Bruschi jersey. My decision is usually based upon the season and the weather. If it is hot, I will wear one of my short-sleeved shirts…probably my red 54 autographed shirt. As the weather turns colder, I may start out with a short-sleeved shirt and bring one of my Patriots sweatshirts with me to put on when I get cold. But I will always wrap the season up with a white, long-sleeved shirt underneath my Tedy Bruschi jersey. No matter which shirt I choose, I will always have my Patriots earrings, socks and sneakers on to complete my ensemble.

No matter what my choices are for the given week, I know that come Sunday (or maybe Monday) I will be watching the New England Patriots play, I will be eating good food and I will be the best-dressed Patriots fan out there! I know these are not the normal thoughts for most girls and I have on occasion been told I am worse than some guys, but this is what I live for…Football!

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Sure, trisha, this is an easy one to deal with: you know your material inside out, you organize it without any confusion, it's definitely a process, and I'll take it gladly.

I guess the only problem from your POV is that it's a long long way til f/b season....